Work Permits


To obtain a Work Permit in St vincent and the Grenadines, applications must be made to the Prime Minister’s Office.

Under he Foreign Nationals and Commonwealth Citizens (Employment) Act, 1978, all non-nationals who wish to conduct business or be gainfully employed in St Vincent and the Grenadines must apply for a work permit.

A Work Permit is valid for one (1) year and should be renewed annually.

The following information must be submitted for all Work Permits:


  • One complete Work Permit Application Form.
    • To be employed by an employer, cover letter from the potential employer should be produced.
    • To established his/her own business in St. Vincent and the Grenadines, a copy of the certificate of registration/incorporation of the company should be produced.

Non-nationals intending to reside and work in St. Vincent and the Grenadines for more than six (6) month are required to additionally submit a Residency Permit.

Work Permits are to be rewed on an annal basis as follows:

  • CARICOM NationalsEC$720.00per annum
  • OthersEC$1,800.00per annum

The following are exempt from the payment of Work Permit Fees:

  • Teacher of Maths
  • Teacher of English
  • Teacher of Business
  • Teacher of Science

for the first 30 days - $500.00

30 - 60 days - $750.00

60 - 90 days - $1,000.00

over 90 days -$1,800.00 per annum



Contact us

High Commission for Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
10 Kensington Court
London W8 5DL
Tel: +44 (0)20 7460 1256 / +44 (0)20 7565 2874
Fax: +44 (0)20 7937 6040

Government Portal



Tourism authority



Social Bookmark

FacebookTwitterRSS Feed
Pin It
Template Settings


For each color, the params below will give default values
Blue Red Oranges Green Purple Pink


Background Color
Text Color


Background Color


Select menu
Google Font
Body Font-size
Body Font-family